Turn your boat into a smart boat.
The VirCru app lets you track your boat’s critical systems and receive updates on your smart phone.
VirCru ensures your boat is functioning correctly by constantly measuring bilge levels, battery power, water levels and more. If anything requires your attention, the VirCru app will notify you immediately.
VirCru can alert you via the app if your boat is broken into, or equipment is taken. Mapping functionality is designed to assure you that your boat remains where you left it, even over long periods.
“A practical solution for those who want a high-quality, easy to fit remote monitoring solution for their boat.”
“I had been looking for a practical well-engineered solution to enable me to monitor my boat when I am not on board – and have found it with VirCru.”
“The kit appears well-engineered and designed for the harsh realities of the marine environment.”
“Once the main hub is mounted and connected, adding the wireless sensors (with a reported 10-year battery life) is a doddle – scan the QR from the app and it is done without any complex configuration needed.”
“The app is clear, customisable and provides not just alerts (user definable) but also data in both numeric and graphical formats.”
“In short, an ideal product for those who want to be able to keep an eye on their boat when they are not there, and clearly designed by those who understand boats and the needs of boat owners.”
Fully Customisable for any boat.
Every boat is different. With VirCru you can build a remote monitoring system that’s customised for your boat.
The VirCru Hub
The hub is a GPS connected device that connects directly the VirCru App on your phone and wirelessly to any other VirCru Sensors and Tags on your boat. The VirCru Hub also automatically tracks your boats exact position anywhere in the world and checks for anchor drag, as well as monitoring the angle of your boat, temperature, and humidity.
VirCru Sensors and Tags
Add sensors and tags to your package and customise your VirCru system. Track your boats systems and items on board. Track battery + shore power connection and voltage, isolator switch status, bilge pump levels, inventory and tether location, motion for door and window security, any items on board such as paddleboards and bikes, cabin temperature, smoke and carbon monoxide presence, outside temperature, engine hours, trips taken..
Your boat at your fingertips.
With The VirCru App, you can check the status of your boat whenever you want, no matter where you are.
A main dashboard in the app gives an overview of your sensors, and combined with in-depth tools, you get the full picture of your boat’s status.
Speak with a specialist.
Our VirCru specialists are ready to answer any questions and provide more information. Send us a message or book a call with one of our specialists.
Frequently asked questions
What is VirCru?
VirCru is a system of sensors that allows you to monitor and control your boat from anywhere. These sensors offer boat owners three core functions:
- Notifications. VirCru ensures your boat is functioning correctly by constantly measuring bilge levels, battery power, water levels and more. If anything requires your attention, the VirCru app will notify you immediately.
- Monitoring. VirCru can alert you via the app if your boat is broken into, or equipment is taken. Geofencing functionality is designed to assure you that your boat remains where you left it, even over long periods.
- Control. You can use VirCru to ensure your boat is ready for your arrival. Control cabin temperature, humidity and lighting through your mobile device. You can even get the fridge cold before you set sail.
What countries can VirCru cover?
How does VirCru work?
VirCru is based around three key components:
- The VirCru Hub - a GPS mobile connected device that connects with the VirCru App on your phone and wirelessly to the other VirCru devices on your boat. As well as providing the connection between you and your boat's devices, the VirCru Hub uses GPS to enable our GeoFence and Anchor Drag functionality as well as monitoring the angle of your boat (listing) and constantly recording the temperature ambient to the location of the Hub.
- The VirCru App - the main way that you interact with the VirCru Smart Boat System. It is built around a main dashboard that gives an overview of your sensors, combined with in-depth tools to give you the full picture of your boat and a range of inventory management functions.
- VirCru Sensors and Tags - the sensors and tags available in our product range allows you to customise your VirCru solution to meet the exact needs of your boat. Each sensor transmits information to the VirCru App, and sensors that monitor similar sections of your boat eg. cabin sensors, bilge pump sensors can be grouped together. VirCru’s sensors communicate with the VirCru App in your phone to deliver updates on your boat in real time.
- A boat owner uses the VirCru App and VirCru Door Sensor to configure an alert when a cabin door is opened.
- While the owner is away from their boat, an intruder enters the cabin. Consequently, the Door Sensor located on the cabin door detects this movement.
- The VirCru Door Sensor communicates with the VirCru App, informing the App that the door has been opened. The VirCru App immediately sends a notification to the owner, who takes the appropriate action to resolve the issue.