VirCru is a system of sensors that allows you to monitor and control your boat from anywhere. These sensors offer boat owners three core functions:
- Notifications. VirCru ensures your boat is functioning correctly by constantly measuring bilge levels, battery power, water levels and more. If anything requires your attention, the VirCru app will notify you immediately.
- Monitoring. VirCru can alert you via the app if your boat is broken into, or equipment is taken. Geofencing functionality is designed to assure you that your boat remains where you left it, even over long periods.
- Control. You can use VirCru to ensure your boat is ready for your arrival. Control cabin temperature, humidity and lighting through your mobile device. You can even get the fridge cold before you set sail.
VirCru is based around three key components:
- The VirCru Hub - a GPS mobile connected device that connects with the VirCru App on your phone and wirelessly to the other VirCru devices on your boat. As well as providing the connection between you and your boat's devices, the VirCru Hub uses GPS to enable our GeoFence and Anchor Drag functionality as well as monitoring the angle of your boat (listing) and constantly recording the temperature ambient to the location of the Hub.
- The VirCru App - the main way that you interact with the VirCru Smart Boat System. It is built around a main dashboard that gives an overview of your sensors, combined with in-depth tools to give you the full picture of your boat and a range of inventory management functions.
- VirCru Sensors and Tags - the sensors and tags available in our product range allows you to customise your VirCru solution to meet the exact needs of your boat. Each sensor transmits information to the VirCru App, and sensors that monitor similar sections of your boat eg. cabin sensors, bilge pump sensors can be grouped together. VirCru’s sensors communicate with the VirCru App in your phone to deliver updates on your boat in real time.
- A boat owner uses the VirCru App and VirCru Door Sensor to configure an alert when a cabin door is opened.
- While the owner is away from their boat, an intruder enters the cabin. Consequently, the Door Sensor located on the cabin door detects this movement.
- The VirCru Door Sensor communicates with the VirCru App, informing the App that the door has been opened. The VirCru App immediately sends a notification to the owner, who takes the appropriate action to resolve the issue.
VirCru can record and monitor:
- GPS position (with GeoFencing functionality)
- Boat angle
- Cabin temperature and humidity
- Battery + shore power connection and voltage
- Isolator switch status
- Bilge pump levels
- Inventory and tether location
- Motion for door and window security
- Cabin Temperature, Smoke and Carbon Monoxide presence
- Outside temperature
- Engine Hours
- Trips taken
- Battery isolators
- Diesel and gas heaters
- Any other DC device up to 10A.
VirCru is designed to be simple enough for users to install themselves. Installation times vary based on the products bought, but should take a matter of minutes in most instances as many sensors use a ‘peel and stick’ system. Our installation guide and user manual are designed to assist you with this process, and our customer service team is always on hand to help if you encounter any issues.
VirCru products are made in the UK and designed by TAD Electronics, professionals with vast experience in the telemetry industry. As boat owners, the VirCru team understand both the joys and challenges of running these machines and are determined to deliver a comprehensive Smart Boat solution at the best value possible. Our product is designed to be assembled in minutes by boat owners themselves, and we are yet to find a boat monitoring solution that offers VirCru’s level of functionality at this price point/value. If you’re still not convinced, you are welcome to return your VirCru products to us (even once used) within 30 days and receive a full refund.
It is normal to feel a little overwhelmed with choice when buying such a feature-rich product. To help with this decision, we have created a new website tool to help you choose the best VirCru products for your boat. This is available to use under the ‘Help me Choose’ button. Our customer service team is also on hand if you have any questions about finding the right product for you.
You will be prompted to enter your discount or referral code at the checkout page.
VirCru would make a fantastic gift for any boating enthusiast. If you’d like to discuss what your recipient might need from their VirCru software, we recommend giving us a call at 01386 800 360 or filling in our ‘Help me Choose’ function to the best of your knowledge. Our team would be happy to help you find the perfect solution for the friend or relative you have in mind.
Our UK-based customer service team are more than happy to assist you over the phone at 01386 800 360 or via email at email@example.com. Our phone lines are open 24/7 and we aim to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours. This support is open to both new customers and customers with an existing VirCru subscription.
VirCru products are made in Pershore, UK by TAD Electronics, a small company with vast experience in telemetry, electronics and electrical engineering. You can learn more about our founders and vision by visiting the ‘About’ pages.
The VirCru Hub is compatible with up to one hundred wireless sensors. How often do the sensors take a measurement? How often is this data sent to my device? Once installed, your VirCru sensors will take measurements of their surroundings every few seconds, alerts are pass through our server to your mobile device as soon as detected, the general status is updated every 8 minutes.
VirCru will notify you via the VirCru App if an alarm or sensor is triggered. These notifications will be recorded on the VirCru App homepage and will also appear in your mobile device notifications tab.
GeoFencing is the practice of setting a digital boundary around a real-world area, achieved by using GPS technology. In the case of VirCru, users can configure an alert to be triggered if their boat moves outside of an area within 100-500m radius of a set location. This perimeter distance can be edited at any time, and the VirCru App will immediately alert you if your craft moves outside of this virtual perimeter. GeoFencing technology is a key way to ensure that you are never separated from your boat.
Yes. The VirCru Shore Power Sensor has been specifically designed to monitor your boat’s shore power connection, and will alert you if this connection is lost.
VirCru is designed to be used on any boat with a battery, and does not need to be connected to shore power to function. While the VirCru Hub is connected to your boat’s battery, it also works effectively without access to shore power.
While the VirCru Hub operates a wireless connection with the other VirCru Sensors in our range, it does require a wired connection to your boat’s battery unit. This connection takes a few minutes to install, and is covered in detail by our Installation Guide.
Although connected to your boat’s battery, the VirCru Hub also has an internal backup battery to ensure message transmission continues when power is lost from the boat battery. This internal back up battery is charged by the boat battery (only) when the boat battery is being charged.
VirCru sensors can go offline for a variety of reasons. A few quick fixes you can try if your Sensors are not functioning properly include:
- Checking that your VirCru Hub is connected in the App
- If not carry out basic physical checks that the Hub is connected to your boat’s battery
- Checking your products have been installed in accordance with the Installation Guide
The VirCru App is supported by software versions iOS 13 and above on iPhone, and API 21 (Lollipop) and above on Android. Ensure your mobile has these software versions installed before downloading the VirCru App. To start collecting data from your connected VirCru Hub and Sensors, simply download the VirCru App from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) and follow the on screen instructions.
App software updates will be announced on the App Store and Google Play. Keeping your VirCru App updated is highly recommended, and allows us to provide the best experience possible.
In the case of an App update, all existing settings will be carried over to the new version. There is no need to worry about losing or re-configuring your settings.
To receive notifications from the VirCru App, you need to remain logged in.
To achieve this, tap the ‘Home’ icon at the bottom of your VirCru App screen.
Once your VirCru Sensors are installed on your boat, you should be able to set up alerts in the VirCru App.
There are two ways to pay for a VirCru App subscription:
- Pay a monthly subscription of £10 a month (VAT included)
- Pay an annual subscription of £100 a year (VAT included)
In order for us to deliver 24/7 connectivity, VirCru must maintain a GSM cellular network connection with a network provider. This comes at a cost to us that is reflected in our pricing model, but ensures we remain the cheapest boat monitoring solution on the market.
Yes, this can be done. Please contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01386 800 360 for more information on how to do this.
VirCru App subscriptions can be bought on a monthly or annual. To tie in with our 30 day return policy, we operate a 30 day free trial period that begins the moment you activate your VirCru Hub. During this 30 day period you will not be charged for accessing our services, and at the end you can choose whether to activate your subscription and maintain your connection to the VirCru App. We will email you at the end of your free trial period on how you can continue using VirCru.
Make sure your VirCru Hub is upright and away from other metal equipment to minimise interference – we often recommend the roof of a boat as a good place to try. The high sensitivity GPS installed in the VirCru Hub is designed to provide the best tracking performance possible, even if installed inside your boat.
Aside from consulting our installation guide, our customer support team is here to help if any of the installation processes are proving a little challenging. This team is available at email@example.com or 01386 800 360.
Our customer service team is available to help you if any of your VirCru products are not functioning correctly. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01386 800 360 if your products are not working – if the issue is company wide, we will endeavour to let all customers know as quickly as possible and provide updates on a fix. A few quick fixes you can try if your products are not functioning properly include:
- Checking that your VirCru Hub is connected in the App
- If not carry out basic physical checks that the Hub is connected to your boat’s battery
- Checking your products have been installed in accordance with the Installation Guide.
We’re sorry to hear that you’re thinking of leaving us. If you’d like to cancel your VirCru subscription, simply navigate to the ‘My Account’ section of our website or your App and follow the instructions on screen.
If a payment is missed for any reason, we will notify you about the issue and attempt to take payment once more. If multiple payments are missed or we cannot settle the original bill, we reserve the right to terminate your subscription and remove access to VirCru services.
If you would like to use VirCru software on your new boat, it is possible to transfer a subscription. Please contact email@example.com for more information on how to do this.
Subscriptions can be carried over to a new boat if required. For assistance with this process, we recommend contacting the customer service team at 01386 800 360 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can unsubscribe from our mailing lists whenever you like. To do so, please click the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the footer of the email.
VirCru offers fast and flexible shipping options for all of our products. Our delivery times are set out below: Mainland UK - 1 to 2 business days EU - 2 to 3 business days Rest of the World - 3 to 5 business days Costs of shipping will be calculated at checkout.
VirCru ships to all countries covered by its existing carriers. For more information on whether your country is eligible for shipping, please contact our customer support team.
No – we still accept orders from website users that have not created an account.
We try to be as accommodating as possible when it comes to changing your order. If you would like to change your delivery option, product or subscription package, please get in touch with our customer service team. Remember to quote your order number in any correspondence.
We’re sorry to hear that. Please contact our customer support team at email@example.com or 01386 800 360, and we will aim to resolve your issue as quickly as possible. Please remember to include your order number and a brief description of the issue in any correspondence.
Cancelling your VirCru order is not a problem. To do this, please get in touch with our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your order number in the subject line. Refunds are usually processed within 5-10 working days.
No problem. To resolve this, go to our website and follow the ‘Forgot Password’ instructions at the login screen.
Our customer support team (01386 800 360) is open for inquiries during business hours . If no-one is available or for out of hours inquiries, we will take your contact details (either phone number or email) and get back to you as quickly as possible. Our customer service staff are all based in the UK. Alternatively you can contact us via our contact form, found here - https://www.vircru.com/contact-us/
We accept all major credit and debit card providers including Visa, MasterCard and American Express. We can take orders through PayPal and Klarna, and our website also supports Google Pay.
Yes. We use Stripe, Google Pay and PayPal to manage our payment services, each a leading provider of e-commerce payment infrastructure. To learn more about Stripe and their fraud prevention software, please click here (https://stripe.com/gb).
If your boat is stolen, VirCru has a number of ways in which it can alert you, such as:
- GeoFence notifications
- Open door alerts
- Shore power disconnection alerts
With all systems active, the running current of the unit will average approximately 5mA at 12V. This means that a 120Ah battery would take 16 months to drain down to 50% state of charge. The self discharge of the battery will have more of an effect than VirCru will. We constantly strive to further reduce power consumption and will update firmware and refine our products in the future.