VirCru is a new Smart Boat System that enables you to remotely monitor and control your boat via your phone.
The VirCru Launch Package enables you to monitor the following on your boat:
2 x Battery Packs
High Water Alarm
All this, and more, can be viewed from the VirCru App.
The VirCru App also has additional features including an Inventory Management System and a Trip Log.
Users can configure exactly how they see the data coming from devices on their boat, personalising alerts to their liking.
For your chance to win a VirCru Launch Package, plus 3 months of subscription to the VirCru App, please enter your email address in the box below.
Terms and conditions apply (see below for more information).
What is VirCru?
Launched in October 2021 by a group of experienced engineers and boat owners, VirCru Smart Boat products work on all types of boat and have got some great feedback from early customers.
All our packages come with The VirCru Hub and The VirCru App. By adding VirCru Sensors and Tags, you can tag and track anything on your boat.
Each wireless Sensor takes minutes to install, requires zero maintenance once fitted, and comes with a ten year battery life guarantee.
Aside from the Launch Package, other Sensors available in our range allow you to monitor and control:
Shore Power Connection
Engine Hours Monitoring
Appliance Temperature Monitoring
Door Open/Closed Monitoring
Carbon Monoxide Detection
Remote control of onboard lights.
Remote control of onboard DC appliances.
Make your boat a Smart Boat today with VirCru.
Terms and Conditions
Entrants of the St Katharine Docks x VirCru competition must submit their email address between 6th April 2022 – 6th June 2022. Once the competition has closed, a winner will be selected at random. Entries made after the closing date will not be accepted.
The winner will receive one VirCru Launch Package with 3 months credit for the VirCru App Subscription, worth £429.99. There will be no cash alternative to the prizes offered. The winner will be notified directly via email and must make contact to secure their prize within 7 days of the original email being sent. In the event we receive no response, a new winner will be selected from the draw.
This promotion is organised by St Katharine Docks in partnership with VirCru. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Frequently asked questions
VirCru is a system of sensors that allows you to monitor and control your boat from anywhere. These sensors offer boat owners three core functions:
- Notifications. VirCru ensures your boat is functioning correctly by constantly measuring bilge levels, battery power, water levels and more. If anything requires your attention, the VirCru app will notify you immediately.
- Monitoring. VirCru can alert you via the app if your boat is broken into, or equipment is taken. Geofencing functionality is designed to assure you that your boat remains where you left it, even over long periods.
- Control. You can use VirCru to ensure your boat is ready for your arrival. Control cabin temperature, humidity and lighting through your mobile device. You can even get the fridge cold before you set sail.
VirCru is based around three key components:
- The VirCru Hub - a GPS mobile connected device that connects with the VirCru App on your phone and wirelessly to the other VirCru devices on your boat. As well as providing the connection between you and your boat's devices, the VirCru Hub uses GPS to enable our GeoFence and Anchor Drag functionality as well as monitoring the angle of your boat (listing) and constantly recording the temperature ambient to the location of the Hub.
- The VirCru App - the main way that you interact with the VirCru Smart Boat System. It is built around a main dashboard that gives an overview of your sensors, combined with in-depth tools to give you the full picture of your boat and a range of inventory management functions.
- VirCru Sensors and Tags - the sensors and tags available in our product range allows you to customise your VirCru solution to meet the exact needs of your boat. Each sensor transmits information to the VirCru App, and sensors that monitor similar sections of your boat eg. cabin sensors, bilge pump sensors can be grouped together. VirCru’s sensors communicate with the VirCru App in your phone to deliver updates on your boat in real time.
- A boat owner uses the VirCru App and VirCru Door Sensor to configure an alert when a cabin door is opened.
- While the owner is away from their boat, an intruder enters the cabin. Consequently, the Door Sensor located on the cabin door detects this movement.
- The VirCru Door Sensor communicates with the VirCru App, informing the App that the door has been opened. The VirCru App immediately sends a notification to the owner, who takes the appropriate action to resolve the issue.