The VirCru Hub gives mobile connectivity so that you’ll always know where your boat is. We’ve worked long and hard to find the right mobile provider so that you’ll have the best connection wherever you are. Offering access to networks globally and the broadest connection to both 2G and 4G networks, the VirCru Hub has been engineered to ensure you’re always connected to your boat.
Knowing where your boat is at all times is a good start but ultimately, you also want to know and be alerted if it moves. That’s why VirCru allows you to define an allowable area of movement, depending on where it’s moored. If your boat moves outside of this area (or 'GeoFence') you will be alerted.
However, we know that this shouldn’t be one size fits all… if your boat is sometimes at marina, other times at anchor, other times moored off a buoy, you’ll want to set different parameters for movement. Don’t worry, we’ve got this covered! VirCru's GeoFence is flexible by mooring and can be adjusted as often as you like.
Specific to when your boat is at anchor, VirCru can be configured to alert you on any boat movement or anchor drag, specifically for the exact conditions your boat is navigating. High winds and strong currents? No problem… set your anchor drag configuration to alert you at the slightest movement. VirCru can be set to be as individual as your boat and the way you use it.
In addition to knowing where your boat is, we know you also like to know where you’ve been (and also all the details about that memorable trip). That’s why we’ve included functionality in the VirCru Smart Boat App for you to log all the trips you take on your boat.
Need help with your set up?
Where is your boat kept?
What type of engine do you have?
How many battery packs do you have?
How many cabins are there onboard?
Do you have a tender onboard?
Do you want your fridge to be cold when you arrive?
Let us guide you through getting VirCru onboard your boat.HELP ME CHOOSE
Frequently asked questions
What is VirCru?
VirCru is a system of sensors that allows you to monitor and control your boat from anywhere. These sensors offer boat owners three core functions:
- Notifications. VirCru ensures your boat is functioning correctly by constantly measuring bilge levels, battery power, water levels and more. If anything requires your attention, the VirCru app will notify you immediately.
- Monitoring. VirCru can alert you via the app if your boat is broken into, or equipment is taken. Geofencing functionality is designed to assure you that your boat remains where you left it, even over long periods.
- Control. You can use VirCru to ensure your boat is ready for your arrival. Control cabin temperature, humidity and lighting through your mobile device. You can even get the fridge cold before you set sail.
What countries can VirCru cover?
How does VirCru work?
VirCru is based around three key components:
- The VirCru Hub - a GPS mobile connected device that connects with the VirCru App on your phone and wirelessly to the other VirCru devices on your boat. As well as providing the connection between you and your boat's devices, the VirCru Hub uses GPS to enable our GeoFence and Anchor Drag functionality as well as monitoring the angle of your boat (listing) and constantly recording the temperature ambient to the location of the Hub.
- The VirCru App - the main way that you interact with the VirCru Smart Boat System. It is built around a main dashboard that gives an overview of your sensors, combined with in-depth tools to give you the full picture of your boat and a range of inventory management functions.
- VirCru Sensors and Tags - the sensors and tags available in our product range allows you to customise your VirCru solution to meet the exact needs of your boat. Each sensor transmits information to the VirCru App, and sensors that monitor similar sections of your boat eg. cabin sensors, bilge pump sensors can be grouped together. VirCru’s sensors communicate with the VirCru App in your phone to deliver updates on your boat in real time.
- A boat owner uses the VirCru App and VirCru Door Sensor to configure an alert when a cabin door is opened.
- While the owner is away from their boat, an intruder enters the cabin. Consequently, the Door Sensor located on the cabin door detects this movement.
- The VirCru Door Sensor communicates with the VirCru App, informing the App that the door has been opened. The VirCru App immediately sends a notification to the owner, who takes the appropriate action to resolve the issue.