No doubt you make every effort to ensure your boat is as secure as possible. From choosing the best location through to participating in the local boat watch, every owner wants to make sure their boat is looked after.
The VirCru Motion Sensor is engineered to detect movement within a specific area, informing you if something or someone unwanted is on your boat. When connected to the VirCru Smart Boat system, any unwanted intrusions will trigger an alert to the VirCru App so you can react immediately.
The VirCru Tag can be used to alert you when a door or hatch is opened on your boat.
Your boat probably isn’t just your boat. It may also be where you keep paddle boards, your tender with an outboard, bikes… all the other things that make being on your boat even more fun. The VirCru Tag can be used to alert you if anything is removed from your boat.
Owning a boat is a huge amount of pleasure, but trying to keep on top of your boat-related administration can also be a huge commitment. To keep the details of everything relating to your boat in one place, we've created an inventory management system available in the VirCru App.
Configure alerts so you are reminded when something requires your attention. Keep a record of life jacket information and service dates, photos of valuables, insurance documents and more.
VirCru Connected Hub-1
A VirCru Hub is required to run your boat monitoring system. One of the two options is the ‘VirCru Connected Hub-1‘, Its ruggedised enclosure and built-in features allow all sensors to connect to the hub, transfer the data to our servers, onto the app and communicate the information they are collecting. However, the Connected Hub is also a sensor itself – monitoring batteries and bilge pump activity, as well as our location-based functionality, and much, much more!
VirCru Connected Hub-2
A VirCru Hub is required to run your boat monitoring system. One of the two options is the ‘VirCru Connected Hub-2‘. It’s ultra-easy-to-fit lightweight enclosure and built-in features allow all sensors to connect to the hub, transfer the data to our servers, onto the app and communicate the information they are collecting. However, the Connected Hub is also a sensor itself – monitoring battery activity, as well as our location-based functionality, and much, much more!
VirCru Smart Tag
Boat security keeping you awake at night? Not sure if you shut this hatch or that door? The VirCru Smart Tag allows you to monitor anything that opens, and reports back to you whether it is still secure or not. Giving you peace of mind!
(Connects wirelessly to the VirCru Hub)
Need help with your set up?
Where is your boat kept?
What type of engine do you have?
How many battery packs do you have?
How many cabins are there onboard?
Do you have a tender onboard?
Do you want your fridge to be cold when you arrive?
Let us guide you through getting VirCru onboard your boat.HELP ME CHOOSE
Frequently asked questions
VirCru is a system of sensors that allows you to monitor and control your boat from anywhere. These sensors offer boat owners three core functions:
- Notifications. VirCru ensures your boat is functioning correctly by constantly measuring bilge levels, battery power, water levels and more. If anything requires your attention, the VirCru app will notify you immediately.
- Monitoring. VirCru can alert you via the app if your boat is broken into, or equipment is taken. Geofencing functionality is designed to assure you that your boat remains where you left it, even over long periods.
- Control. You can use VirCru to ensure your boat is ready for your arrival. Control cabin temperature, humidity and lighting through your mobile device. You can even get the fridge cold before you set sail.
VirCru is based around three key components:
- The VirCru Hub - a GPS mobile connected device that connects with the VirCru App on your phone and wirelessly to the other VirCru devices on your boat. As well as providing the connection between you and your boat's devices, the VirCru Hub uses GPS to enable our GeoFence and Anchor Drag functionality as well as monitoring the angle of your boat (listing) and constantly recording the temperature ambient to the location of the Hub.
- The VirCru App - the main way that you interact with the VirCru Smart Boat System. It is built around a main dashboard that gives an overview of your sensors, combined with in-depth tools to give you the full picture of your boat and a range of inventory management functions.
- VirCru Sensors and Tags - the sensors and tags available in our product range allows you to customise your VirCru solution to meet the exact needs of your boat. Each sensor transmits information to the VirCru App, and sensors that monitor similar sections of your boat eg. cabin sensors, bilge pump sensors can be grouped together. VirCru’s sensors communicate with the VirCru App in your phone to deliver updates on your boat in real time.
- A boat owner uses the VirCru App and VirCru Door Sensor to configure an alert when a cabin door is opened.
- While the owner is away from their boat, an intruder enters the cabin. Consequently, the Door Sensor located on the cabin door detects this movement.
- The VirCru Door Sensor communicates with the VirCru App, informing the App that the door has been opened. The VirCru App immediately sends a notification to the owner, who takes the appropriate action to resolve the issue.