Built by industry experts, Fire Angel, in partnership with VirCru, our connected Smoke Alarm shares the same values and quality as our own products. Like our Sensors, the Fire Angel Smoke Alarm has a battery that will last up to 10 years. The Alarm connects wirelessly to your VirCru Hub and will alert you via the VirCru App if there is an issue onboard.
CARBON MONOXIDE (CO) ALARM
Built by industry experts, Fire Angel, in partnership with VirCru, our connected Carbon Monoxide Alarm shares the same values and quality as our own products. Like our Sensors, the Fire Angel Carbon Monoxide Alarm has a battery that will last up to 10 years.
VirCru Connected Hub
The VirCru Connected Hub is required to run your boat monitoring system. It allows all additional sensors to connect to the hub, transfer the data to our servers, on to the app and communicate the information they are collecting. However, the Connected Hub is also a sensor itself – monitoring batteries and bilge pump activity, as well as our location based functionality, and much, much more!
VirCru Smoke Alarm
A fire at sea is far more serious than most would expect. “Water, water everywhere”, yes, but without a way to transport it to put out a flame, fire can spread exceptionally quickly. Combine that with various flammable fluids onboard and it’s a recipe for disaster if it’s not caught early. Luckily, with the VirCru Smoke Alarm you can be notified before it gets out of hand.
(Connects wirelessly to the VirCru Hub)
VirCru Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Any engine or heater that uses a liquid or gas fuel (i.e. not electric) produces high amounts of carbon monoxide, which is lethal to almost all life on the planet – including you. It is also highly flammable. Boats are rarely completely airtight internally so the risk of a carbon monoxide leak build up in a cabin area is possible. Alerting you to the issue is therefore paramount for your safety, which is why we are pleased to provide the VirCru Carbon Monoxide Alarm!
(Connects wirelessly to the VirCru Hub)
Need help with your set up?
Where is your boat kept?
What type of engine do you have?
How many battery packs do you have?
How many cabins are there onboard?
Do you have a tender onboard?
Do you want your fridge to be cold when you arrive?
Let us guide you through getting VirCru onboard your boat.HELP ME CHOOSE
Frequently asked questions
VirCru is a system of sensors that allows you to monitor and control your boat from anywhere. These sensors offer boat owners three core functions:
- Notifications. VirCru ensures your boat is functioning correctly by constantly measuring bilge levels, battery power, water levels and more. If anything requires your attention, the VirCru app will notify you immediately.
- Monitoring. VirCru can alert you via the app if your boat is broken into, or equipment is taken. Geofencing functionality is designed to assure you that your boat remains where you left it, even over long periods.
- Control. You can use VirCru to ensure your boat is ready for your arrival. Control cabin temperature, humidity and lighting through your mobile device. You can even get the fridge cold before you set sail.
VirCru is based around three key components:
- The VirCru Hub - a GPS mobile connected device that connects with the VirCru App on your phone and wirelessly to the other VirCru devices on your boat. As well as providing the connection between you and your boat's devices, the VirCru Hub uses GPS to enable our GeoFence and Anchor Drag functionality as well as monitoring the angle of your boat (listing) and constantly recording the temperature ambient to the location of the Hub.
- The VirCru App - the main way that you interact with the VirCru Smart Boat System. It is built around a main dashboard that gives an overview of your sensors, combined with in-depth tools to give you the full picture of your boat and a range of inventory management functions.
- VirCru Sensors and Tags - the sensors and tags available in our product range allows you to customise your VirCru solution to meet the exact needs of your boat. Each sensor transmits information to the VirCru App, and sensors that monitor similar sections of your boat eg. cabin sensors, bilge pump sensors can be grouped together. VirCru’s sensors communicate with the VirCru App in your phone to deliver updates on your boat in real time.
- A boat owner uses the VirCru App and VirCru Door Sensor to configure an alert when a cabin door is opened.
- While the owner is away from their boat, an intruder enters the cabin. Consequently, the Door Sensor located on the cabin door detects this movement.
- The VirCru Door Sensor communicates with the VirCru App, informing the App that the door has been opened. The VirCru App immediately sends a notification to the owner, who takes the appropriate action to resolve the issue.